Schools and Groups - Now Open on Sundays
Pottery-painting provides an exciting addition to many areas of the curriculum. Paint a piece of pottery in the style of the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians etc.... Plan a design on a computer at school as part of a technology project and then reproduce your design in the studio. Practice artistic techniques. Make a display for your school to commemorate a special event. For the little ones - hand prints with names. Have an outing just for the fun of it!
- Suitable for all key stages.
- Our light airy studio seats 32 students.
- We provide all the materials and do all the clearing up.
- Facilities for disabled students.
- Drinks available.
- We explain the glazing and firing process.
- Tailor-made visit to suit your requirements.
- Peaceful, relaxing atmosphere.
Children's Groups (Guides, Scouts, St. John Ambulance, etc...)
A trip to Doodlepots is a real hit for children's groups. We find it's easier if they all paint the same type of item eg a plate or a mug, but we're happy to let the leaders choose whatever they think is best for their particular group. If time allows, we take the children in small groups to show them what goes on behind the scenes with the glazing and firing - something they always find interesting. A free drink of squash for each child is always part of the deal, and leaders are offered a free drink also.
How much is it?
- £2.50 Studio fee per student/child
- Package price available on request
"A really wonderful, educational, exciting experience. These activities are suitable for all ages and capabilities. A worthwhile hour that is not only memorable but gives you a lasting end-product to keep and display. Many thanks, Valley Park School."
Gift vouchers are available - ideal for that special gift or treat.